Thursday 21 January 2016

Olive the owl

Given its been almost two weeks since my last post, and I've just finished a project so I figured I should write about it. I've also been making good progress on a cardigan that I've targeted to finish by the end of January (though that's not looking likely now - maybe I should target the end of February!) - the back is now complete which is the largest part so it feels good having that completed! I'll post a picture when it's finished.

So the project I've just finished is Olive the owl. I hadn't actually planned on knitting it, but it was a free kit with Let's Knit magazine a while back. I decided to have a go when my mum called to ask if I'd done it, as she also had the kit but had run out of the dark pink (and so wanted to know if I had any spare). Wanting to help, I started it that evening.

That phone call was last night, and I've now finished it:


Pretty cute, and a very quick knit. The pattern is fairly simple to do - three of the four rows of the pattern are stocking stitch, the other uses simple increases and decreases to give the curved stripe effect. It only took a few hours to complete. The pattern is available for free here.

Oh, and if you're interested I had 60cm of the dark pink yarn left. I'm yet to hear whether it's enough for my mum to finish hers.

Now I really should get on with finishing some of the many projects I've started already!

No comments:

Post a Comment